LIBERA ME, Domine, Iesu Christe, ab omnibus iniquitatis meis et universis malis,
fac me tuis semper inhærere mandatis et a te numquam separari permittas. Amen.



Monday 27 September 2010

Curses . . . but Prayers too !

The curses are, I must make it quite clear, merely metaphorical; they are simply because I was invited to attend a Mass at Blackfiriars at noon today at which, as it turns out, I simply cannot be present : but the prayers are entirely genuine.

They are for fr Richard Conrad OP, the Vice-Regent of Blackfriars Hall of Studies, who is celebrating the Silver Jubilee of his Ordination at the Mass which I am unable to attend : and I sincerely invite you to add your prayers to mine on this joyful occasion, asking God, Our Lady, and S. Dominic to give fr Richard the benefit of their loving care and support in his preaching, teaching, and the other aspects of his ministry . . . not least of which is his guidance and support of the Lay Dominicans.

1 comment:

  1. And the happiest of silver jubilees to the Vice-Regent, who is not only a wonderful priest and scholar, but who makes the BEST. CHRISTMAS. PUDDING. EVER. (I had some at Tackley Place one year.) I'm assuming Tim Gardner won't be taking offence at that accolade, since his cooking specialities lie elsewhere. ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete