LIBERA ME, Domine, Iesu Christe, ab omnibus iniquitatis meis et universis malis,
fac me tuis semper inhærere mandatis et a te numquam separari permittas. Amen.



Tuesday 24 August 2010

Serving a Server

Things sometimes just drift into place . . . and show, in a quiet way, the will and intentions of God, without even seeming to have any definite pattern : simply by revealing, when you stand back and open your eyes, a complete picture that just wasn't visible before.

Yesterday, as I left the Oratory after Vespers & Benediction, I noticed someone I knew from the Anglican Church I used to go to, where he has served for many years . . . and a very brief chat revealed that he is now preparing for Reception into the Church later this year : so I have something else to thank God for, and rejoice in; a feeling which I have no doubt a good many of his old, and new, friends share.

I am delighted that he has found a place of comfort and welcome at the Oratory; and I am sure that he will, over the years, make a valuable contribution to its life : and I do, please, even though I cannot at this stage give you his name, ask your prayerful support for him, and for all those who are on their way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment