LIBERA ME, Domine, Iesu Christe, ab omnibus iniquitatis meis et universis malis,
fac me tuis semper inhærere mandatis et a te numquam separari permittas. Amen.



Sunday 15 August 2010

In Loving Memory

Today isn’t the Anniversary of my dear friend Paulo’s death; but it would have been his 70th birthday, and – although he was unaware of the fact until I told him – it was also one of his onomastici, as his (unused) first name was Stanley, and today is (amongst, of course, other and far more important things) the feast of S. Stanislaus.

To me and his friends, however, he was Paul, or more commonly Paulo; and although (Deo Gratias) he swam the Tiber, and died in the Faith, he had for many years contributed to the Catholic end of the Church of England by his work on the elegant publications of the Church Literature Association . . . indeed I still occasionally see his Ordinary Form Altar Cards in use (they even have one or two at the London Oratory !) . . . and the adjusting of the Ordinary Chants of the Mass to fit the ICEL translations.

He was much loved and highly valued by me amongst many; and I ask your prayers for him today, as I offer you all to God, and to our Blessed Lady in the glory of her Assumption.

1 comment:

  1. Re your friend's name, that's what I call a 'Godcidence' (as opposed to a coincidence). Just shows how important names are too.

    I shall say a prayer for him, now.

    ReplyDelete