LIBERA ME, Domine, Iesu Christe, ab omnibus iniquitatis meis et universis malis,
fac me tuis semper inhærere mandatis et a te numquam separari permittas. Amen.



Tuesday 3 August 2010

. . . and then Advancing onwards !

Earlier today I posted about ‘selfish capitalism’, and the damage which it can clearly be seen – at least by some of us – to be doing to Human Society : and it occurred to me that it might not be uninteresting to those of my readers who are interested in this to mention the James Martin 21st Century School.

This unusually-named organisation is located very close to Blackfriars, in the Old Indian Institute in Broad Street, Oxford; and it provides an opportunity for scholastic research into, and consideration of, technological (and other) developments and their influences – good and bad – upon the world.

Its website is fascinating, and undoubtedly provides all sorts of insights into a wide variety of matters which I am sure would have interested – and challenged – fr Vincent; and which I am equally sure will, in the fullness of time, attract fr Lawrence’s consideration and comment . . . as well, of course, as that of his fellow-Students at Blackfriars.

All I can say is that I am eagerly looking forward to all of it !

No comments:

Post a Comment