LIBERA ME, Domine, Iesu Christe, ab omnibus iniquitatis meis et universis malis,
fac me tuis semper inhærere mandatis et a te numquam separari permittas. Amen.



Saturday 10 July 2010

Seeking Your Support !

Fr Ray Blake had a post on Wednesday about the arrangements for the event in Hyde Park during the Holy Father’s forthcoming visit to England; and makes the suggestion that one might reasonably think that the Holy Father is being treated (perhaps I would have said ‘viewed’) with contempt, given how little correlation there is between what is being arranged for the Visit, and His Holiness’ clear – and carefully explained – views on liturgy.

It seems to me that, yet again, the Hierarchy is believes that themost important aspect of this visit it to use it as an opportunity to promote the ‘Spirit of Vatican II’, regardless of the present opinions and tastes of the people of God; and at first sight I would reprehend that.

On the other hand, after much thought I have come to the conclusion that it is my duty to support the Hierarchy in this endeavour; and I propose to do so, and want to encourage all my Followers and Readers in Great Britain to contact their Bishops now, and urge them to ensure that the Papal Liturgies are strictly in accordance with the clear vision of Vatican II.

For your convenience in framing your letters, here are what I believe to be two of the most significant provisions of Sacrosanctum Concilium in the context of ensuring that the Spirit of Vatican II is properly maintained :

36.1 : Particular law remaining in force, the use of the Latin language is to be preserved in the Latin rites.

116 : The Church acknowledges Gregorian chant as specially suited to the Roman liturgy: therefore, other things being equal, it should be given pride of place in liturgical services.

Do, please, join me in my effort to ensure that the vision of that great Council is fully and properly applied to the liturgies of the Holy Father’s visit.

3 comments:

  1. It will fall on deaf ears my friend. If they haven't managed to do so for the last 40 odd years, then won't do it now.

    And there is no point in supporting a hierarchy that do not support the Holy Father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope they show the "Jesus Christ, Superstar" movie on jumbotron -- maybe the EccSqr people would be disturbed by the tanks in the film.

    Anything to put their panties in a twist.

    You know what would REALLY freak them out -- people saying the rosary out loud when the liturgical dance troupe freaks show up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't fully understand the arguments (hardly atall) but I will pray for what you say should be respected, to be adhered to.

    I agree with your obedience to the hierarchy. God honours obedience, it gives Him Glory. I am sure all the work and prayers and love you give to His Church is bringing Him much pleasure. May God bless your endeavours. How needed are converts with your kind of zeal!

    ReplyDelete