LIBERA ME, Domine, Iesu Christe, ab omnibus iniquitatis meis et universis malis,
fac me tuis semper inhærere mandatis et a te numquam separari permittas. Amen.



Monday 5 July 2010

The Captains and the Kings depart . . .

Although it may not have been all that obvious, I have in fact been away for a few days, enjoying what turned out to be particularly good weather at Henley Royal Regatta . . . but it’s all over now, and the Captains (and all the other members) of the various Crews have departed for another year.

Did I enjoy myself ? Yes; as well as some splendid rowing, I celebrated the 150th Birthday of a Rowing Club with many old friends, enjoyed the bemused looks of many people at one of my Dominican friends who turned up in his Habit, and finally had the pleasure of seeing Harvard celebrate an excellent win in the Ladies Plate (so called, presumably, because it is for men not ladies, and the trophy is - as you can see - a jug and not a plate !). Their win was a double pleasure for them as it happened on the Fourth of July, when they celebrate the departure of Kings from their Constitution . . . and that’s my (somewhat contrived) excuse for the title of this post !

Anyway : normal service will now be resumed, and I look forward to sharing more thoughts with you throughout the summer . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment