LIBERA ME, Domine, Iesu Christe, ab omnibus iniquitatis meis et universis malis,
fac me tuis semper inhærere mandatis et a te numquam separari permittas. Amen.



Sunday 11 July 2010

It’s Getting Closer

At Mass at the Oratory last evening someone sitting close to me had an artist’s impression of the new Chapel which is being created in place of what is currently the Calvary underneath the Organ Loft / Choir Gallery.

The Chapel is to be dedicated to Cardinal Newman following his beatification, and the illustration I saw - albeit not very closely - showed it as a traditional altar in an Italianate style, with what I must presume is a copy of the famous painting of Cardinal Newman (above) over the altar.

Altogether it looked very well from the fairly brief glimpse I had of it, and fully in keeping with the rest of the Church. I look forward to seeing the reality; and meantime, if I manage to track down a copy of the picture I saw, I shall post it here if I’m allowed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment