LIBERA ME, Domine, Iesu Christe, ab omnibus iniquitatis meis et universis malis,
fac me tuis semper inhærere mandatis et a te numquam separari permittas. Amen.



Saturday 23 October 2010

Oh, Whoops !

Oh well, despite my best intentions I failed to achieve my ambition nto attend at least part of all three of this weekend’s events . . . I didn’t escape from work until rather too late last evening to get to Blackfen for Mass; and whilst I suppose I could have gone over to pay a visit to Our Blessed Lord during the Quarant ’Ore, I could only have achieved that at the expense of getting home at some unearthly late hour . . . so I’m afraid I chickened out of even doing that.

However : today’s visit to Oxford allowed me to participate in all three bits of the Latin Mass Society’s Oxford Pilgrimage . . . well, all four, actually, as I found myself invited to the rather splendid luncheon buffet that had been organized for invited guests, which not only fed me, but also gave me the chance to meet a good many old friends, and make a few new ones . . .

The Mass was splendid, Archbishop Bernard’s sermon was very appealing, and the Music – from the local choir, featuring the LMS Chairman – was excellent; and after luncheon we got a good number who took part in the Procession from Carfax to the Castle for the Blessing of the new Memorial Plaque there, and then back to Blackfriars (singing some good old-fashioned Catholic hymns and litanies) for Benediction, which brought the Pilgrimage to a satisfactory, and devout, end.

I then poodled along to the Oratory to visit Our Blessed Lord in their Quarant ’Ore . . . and met Archbishop Bernard on his way back to Blackfriars from the Oratory; just proving that all the best people visit Our Lord when they have a chance !

So . . . even if I didn’t manage Blackfen (sadly), I can at least confirm that the Faith was fit and well in Oxford today . . . Deo Gratias. Do please keep an eye open for next year’s dates for all these events, and put them into your diary as soon as they come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment