LIBERA ME, Domine, Iesu Christe, ab omnibus iniquitatis meis et universis malis,
fac me tuis semper inhærere mandatis et a te numquam separari permittas. Amen.



Sunday 17 October 2010

Decisions, decisions . . .

Now : as you already know, both from me and from others, this Thursday to Saturday is the Quarant ’Ore at Our Lady of the Rosary, Blackfen : and I obviously enthusiastically commend it (particularly in the small hours, if you can conveniently manage to be there then) not only because the ability to have a prolonged quiet time with Our Blessed Lord is such a precious and valuable thing, but also because your prayers will undoubtedly benefit whoever or whatever you are praying for, and you, and that splendid Church . . . so do your best to be there at some point.

At the same time, next weekend is also the Latin Mass Society’s annual Oxford Pilgrimage, with a Solemn Mass at Blackfriars, and then a Procession in the afternoon . . . during which, I understand, the Archbishop will bless a new Memorial to some of the Martyrs of Oxford : and I obviously encourage all who can to attend this as well.

Sadly, it won’t be possible to do all of both . . . but I believe it will be possible to be part of both, thereby not only showing your support for them both, but also making it clear to others that they deserve support . . . and I hope and trust that it will win you a Brownie point or two from the Holy Saints and Angels !

. . . and as I am hoping to be present at at least some of both events, I do hope to see at least some of you at one or both of them.

1 comment:

  1. err, this weekend is also the celebration of 40 hours devotion at the Oratory, Oxford. So how about you see Our Lord there and at Blackfriars? xx

    ReplyDelete