LIBERA ME, Domine, Iesu Christe, ab omnibus iniquitatis meis et universis malis,
fac me tuis semper inhærere mandatis et a te numquam separari permittas. Amen.



Friday 15 January 2010

More Helping Haiti

A short while ago I received an email from an old friend, mentioning another excellent channel for providing immediate assistance to Haiti; with the added bonus that whatever you give will be doubled. I quote it more or less in full :

Medair brings life-saving relief and rehabilitation to disasters and conflict areas. They are currently working in Afghanistan, Congo, Madagascar, Somalia, Sudan and Uganda - and already have a team en route to Haiti. I worked for Medair in Kosovo ten years ago and am now a UK board member, so I can vouch for their expertise and integrity. And thanks to match funding from The Big Give, donating online at www.medair.org/x2 will mean that your donation is doubled immediately.

I appreciate that Medair is not a Catholic charity - it is a Swiss NGO - but it does excellent work, and in view of the match funding offer, it must be worth at least looking at. You can find out more about Medair here.

No comments:

Post a Comment