LIBERA ME, Domine, Iesu Christe, ab omnibus iniquitatis meis et universis malis,
fac me tuis semper inhærere mandatis et a te numquam separari permittas. Amen.



Thursday 28 January 2010

Doctor Universalis

I had intended to post something about S. Thomas Aquinas, whose Feast it is.

He is, after all, not only the 'Angelic Doctor', and 'Doctor of the Eucharist', but also the 'Common', or 'Universal' Doctor of the Church.

However, I'm not going to; because it is the act of a fool to gild refined gold, and fr Lawrence Lew OP has, on Godzdogz, done it far better than I ever could.

2 comments:

  1. Today's feast day just reminded me of a comment by a priest friend of ours recently - he was astounded to hear that I had the Summa Theologica on my iPhone (included in iPieta). I wonder what St Thomas Aquinas would have made of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He'd probably already have it on his - if you can get one which operates in the language of heaven !

    ReplyDelete