LIBERA ME, Domine, Iesu Christe, ab omnibus iniquitatis meis et universis malis,
fac me tuis semper inhærere mandatis et a te numquam separari permittas. Amen.



Monday 5 April 2010

And the answer is . . ?

I thought that it might be quite fun, in the post-Easter euphoria, to give you a little challenge : something to perplex you at least a little.

So, from my collection of curious images, here is something for you to consider - and what I want to know is : what is it, and for what (purely religious) purpose is it used ?

(As a clue, it is not something you'll find in a Parish Church - at least, I sincerely hope not - though nothing would surprise me in the Sacristy of the London Oratory !)

UPDATE
Because I imagine you'd all like to see the answer, and because I can't provide the link until this (Wednesday) evening from my other computer, I shall leave you guessing until then . . .

11 comments:

  1. It could possibly be a font of some sort but you do find those in parish churches. It could be some sort of standing thurible perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it a vacuum cleaner - taken from an unusual angle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it for burning something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it for the burning of incense when there are no altar servers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would it be do with the traditional papal coronation?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I notice everyone is asking me questions. :-)

    The general idea is that you tell me !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a very fancy ash-tray to me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Answer: It's a reminder that we all go up ( or rather down ) in smoke, if we don't do wot we're told ......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Help us out D.M., I'm eager to know now!! (not that I wasn't before!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Obviously it must be a zucchetto steamer

    ReplyDelete