LIBERA ME, Domine, Iesu Christe, ab omnibus iniquitatis meis et universis malis,
fac me tuis semper inhærere mandatis et a te numquam separari permittas. Amen.



Monday 8 November 2010

Dies Iræ – Day Seven

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus ?
Quem patronum rogaturus,
Cum vix iustus sit securus ?

What shall I, frail man, be pleading ?
Who for me be interceding,
When the just are mercy needing ?

‘The just are mercy needing’; in which case how much more will the rest of us be in desperate need of God’s infinite mercy . . . and we are reminded also that as we shall all come to be judged, we shall ultimately all stand or fall on our own record, and not through the love and care of any other human being.

1 comment:

  1. and fallen men may rise again on wings of prayer - in my head I get lines from hymns, psalms and prayers all mixed up. When I read this post, the first line that came into my head was this one from somewhere in breviary. Great series DM, sorry to not leave more encouraging comments, I am thinking through the posts so no time for chitter chatter! Keep going! xxx

    ReplyDelete