LIBERA ME, Domine, Iesu Christe, ab omnibus iniquitatis meis et universis malis,
fac me tuis semper inhærere mandatis et a te numquam separari permittas. Amen.



Thursday 31 December 2009

HAPPINESS IS . . .

. . . getting to the Oratory this evening very early for the 18:00 OF Latin Mass, only to find an EF Mass about to start, so being able to hear two Masses instead of just one !

. . . having a truly wonderful Holy Hour after Mass, including time for a private Te Deum before the Most Holy in thanksgiving for all God's love, mercy, and generosity to me in 2009;

. . . having lots of quiet time during the Holy Hour to pray for all the people I wanted to pray for : my Godson, my family and friends, my confessor, the many other priests whom I know and admire, the Dominican family . . . and not forgetting everyone who is kind enough to read this blog; and, of course, all those whose blogs I read and enjoy; and

. . . meeting one of the Sisters of the Community of Our Lady of Walsingham at the Crib after the Holy Hour - I've known about them for a while, but never met any of them before. (More about them in due course, I suspect !)

SADNESS IS . . .

. . . realizing - just too late to do something about it - that I have a headlight out, thus making it unwise (at best) to make the fifty mile trip round the M25 to Blackfen for their Te Deum at midnight.

HAPPINESS IS . . .

. . . contenting myself with all the joys I have already had today, and deciding to trust that it is God's will that I stay at home, look at blogs, and after a little supper enjoy midnight alone with Him, rejoicing still more in His infinite love for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment