LIBERA ME, Domine, Iesu Christe, ab omnibus iniquitatis meis et universis malis,
fac me tuis semper inhærere mandatis et a te numquam separari permittas. Amen.



Tuesday 30 March 2010

About a Thought

I won’t say that the appearance of today’s ‘Thought for Today’ (just below) is entirely fortuitous; because there was some sort of logic in my mind when, just before Lent began, I sat down and selected what appeared to me to be apposite quotations for every day from Ash Wednesday to Holy Saturday, and tried to put them into some sort of faintly rational order.

However, the fact that this particular ‘Thought’ appears today, as the howling of the mob around the Holy Father continues to intensify, is pure chance : but I think we do well to consider it.

‘It is when the Devil sees that a soul is tending towards union with God that he redoubles his efforts.’

Could there be any clearer sign to the faithful heart that our Holy Father is struggling, often against heavy opposition, to do God’s will than this present determined effort from so many quarters – some of them within the Church – to discredit him and diminish his efforts ?

I think not; and I shall pray hard for the Holy Father over the next few days, and earnestly invite you to do the same.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are spot on here. I remember how, towards the end of Mother Teresa's life, there were attacks upon her in the media from people who wanted to damn her by association with dodgy political figures. It seemed clear to me then that she was truly Christ-like in being slandered. So now, with the holy father, the devils are shrieking - in pain, I suspect.

    ReplyDelete