LIBERA ME, Domine, Iesu Christe, ab omnibus iniquitatis meis et universis malis,
fac me tuis semper inhærere mandatis et a te numquam separari permittas. Amen.



Monday 28 June 2010

Doing what I can . . .

On Saturday I was in Westminster Cathedral for the annual Pontifical High Mass of the Latin Mass Society, when Bishop Alan Hopes celebrated the Feast of Ss. John & Paul : and the splendid Mulier Fortis has put up a very good post, with her usual lovely photos, here (and thanks to her, of course, for the one which I have borrowed !).

The reason I mention it, though, is because my intention for the Mass was quite specifically all my friends, and the followers and readers of this blog.

Why ? Well, because it seems to me that if Catholic blogging is to mean anything, we must be trying to achieve something for God : and that must, ultimately, be to bring souls to Him . . . and to achieve that, it is not sufficient for me simply to share my thoughts with you; I must also offer my prayers for you, both in gratitude for your support, but also in support of you in your journey to God, hoping that at least something that I say may be of help to you.

So : as well as a regular share in my prayers, I decided to start offering a share of the Masses I attend for you all, that God may richly bless you, and bring some fruit from my little attempt ‘contemplata aliis tradere’.

1 comment:

  1. Dominic Mary, this is a wonderful thought, and I thank you for such an inspiring post... and the link!!

    ReplyDelete